Wednesday, July 20, 2011

20-7-2011 Reverence for the High King Sutra殊胜的高王经



The Aura of Wisdom 
By Living Buddha Sheng-yen Lu
Translated by True Buddha Foundation Translation Team (Cheng Yew Chung, Victor Hazen, Dance Smith)
This was translated from Grandmaster Lu's 154th book, 智慧的光環.

CHAPTER 50 - Reverence for the High King Sutra

Someone asked, `Why is the recitation of the High King Sutra (Gao Wang Jing) included in the sadhana ritual of the True Buddha Tantric Dharma?`

I replied, `The High King Sutra is the assembly of the mighty names of all Buddhas and bodhisattvas of the three times and ten directions. When we recite the High King Sutra, it is as good as prostrating before every Buddha and bodhisattva.`

Question: `How effective is the High King Sutra?`

My reply: `The sutra was widespread during the Tang dynasty. Its effectiveness is magical and is definitely superior.`

Question: `What are its advantages?`

My reply: `Seen from the viewpoint of the spiritual, it eliminates the suffering of samsara. 
Seen from the viewpoint of the mundane world, it helps to remove all evil harm. 
When it comes to the repentance of past deeds, the completion of one thousand recitations shall eliminate all heavy karma, helping one to reach the state of permanence, bliss, identity, and purity.

Question: `Can we include the Heart Sutra in the sadhana ritual of the True Buddha Tantric Dharma?`

My reply: `The Heart Sutra is the quintessence of the Mahaprajnaparamita Sutra and the Diamond Sutra, revealing the state of enlightenment. The Sutra and Tantra traditions place great importance in this scriptural text. It is all right to include the recitation of the Heart Sutra in the sadhana ritual of the Tantric practice.`

This is what I have to say: When I first had my divine eyes opened by the Golden Mother of the Jade Pond at the Jade Emperor Temple in Taichung, the very first sutra I received at the temple was the High King Kwan Yin Sutra. Thus, I revere the High King sutra, as I feel it is our affinity.

Subsequently, when I recited the sutra, I realized the names of Buddhas and Bodhisattvas of the ten directions are summed up in this one sutra.
Every time I recite the sutra, the lights of the Dharma realms shine upon me. 

It is much like paying homage to the Three Jewels; much like receiving the Great Empowerment from the Dharma realms; much like the Purity of Light Current of the Dharma realms. It is simply incredible.

This is why I have included the High King Sutra in the practice of the True Buddha Tantric Dharma, and wish every True Buddha practitioner to benefit from it.

Of course, I understand that the true spiritual plane revealed through the Prajnaparamita Sutra is supreme and unexcelled.
It is the spiritual state of arriving at the other shore, which is deeply profound in its scope.

The truth of Emptiness without form is simply awesome. I have memorized the sutra well.

I have only the greatest respect for these two sutras.

The High King Sutra sums up the majestic names of the buddhas and bodhisattvas of the ten directions and three times, paying homage to the Three Jewels. 

The Heart Sutra shows the arrival at the other shore, and calmly abiding in it.

Om Guru Lian Sheng Siddhi Hom
Lotuschef

No comments:

Post a Comment