Friday, September 23, 2011

真/假比丘? True/False Monk? [1]



Terjemahan Indonesia: Bhiksu Sejati/Palsu? [1]


Believe it or not, this Title and some contents are from GM about 2 nights ago.

Someone reminded me in a recent email about one precept that states that Monks can reprimand Nuns and Nuns cannot reciprocate.
In this context, it means the Male venerables/Lama are more Superior than the Female venerables/lama.

I remember yet another incident whereby there were similar circumstances.

Nun X were talking to Monk Y, a fellow class-mate in Religious training school.

X said: I wish you the best and please use your own judgment and don't let others dictate to you. Our Guru is the best and only one to listen to.

Y said: Thank you for all the help you gave me during this period.

Monk Z, was eavesdropping walking behind them quietly without letting on his presence.

That evening onward, words got around that a NUN reprimanded/ scolded / lectured a MONK.

Hahaha! Poor nun should be severely punished!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime back, GM said in one Dharma speech that these standards were set during Buddha's lifetime which is more than 2550 years ago.
In GM's view, he said that Monks and Nuns are equal and no differentiation.

In a recent discussion, a fellow student also said that some of these standards need to adjust to Modern Times.

Listen to GM's view and use your knowledge of Noble 8 fold path to come to an opinion please.

I will publish my humble opinion in article 2 of  [True/False Monk?] after I have heard yours.
I do have one already in draft but will wait to publish it with some of readers comments.

I await sincerely for your Opinions.


Amituofo / Lotuschef / Pure Karma / True Buddha School


No comments:

Post a Comment